Because AMSOIL associates traffic from our visitors with a leads program for individual AMSOIL Dealers, various methods are employed to ensure that Dealers who are generating traffic to the main corporate website are associated with visitor activity. Internet browser cookies or query string parameters passed through a page URL are typically used to facilitate this association. Their individual uses are as follows:
- Internet Browser Cookies
Cookies are unique identifiers that we occasionally transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide various personalization features, including advertisements on other websites and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- Query String Parameters Passed in the Page URL
The following is an example of a typical URL for the AMSOIL website containing a query string: /shop/by-product/motor-oil/diesel/?filters=81. The bold portion of this URL page address at AMSOIL is passing user preference information to the website and changing the page layout accordingly.
Parameters such as these are used to customize the user experience at the AMSOIL website by tailoring the content and interaction options available. These parameters are also used to attribute new visitors to AMSOIL.com via the websites of independent AMSOIL Dealers to the appropriate Dealer. Such visitors may be considered “leads” in the system after taking actions such as creating a new online account or requesting more information, and the information they supply will be shared with the Dealers who generated the website traffic. Leads will typically be contacted by a Dealer within one to three business days following a qualifying action.
- Log Files
We may collect demographic information, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites, using log files that are not associated with your name or other personally identifying information. We also automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by AMSOIL to maintain the quality of our marketing and product development, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the AMSOIL website. For these purposes, we link this automatically collected data to personal information, such as name, email address, address and phone number.
- Third-Party Tracking Technologies
- Use of Personal Information
- Use of Automatic Information
We use navigational information to operate and improve the websites and MyAMSOILGarage. We may also use navigational information alone or in combination with personal information to provide you with personalized information about AMSOIL and its products.
- Customer Testimonials and Comments
We post customer testimonials and comments on our websites that may contain personal information. We obtain each customer’s consent via email prior to posting the customer’s name and testimonial.
- Use of Credit Card Information
We use credit card information solely to collect payment from you. We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain or use information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf. In addition to standard credit card processing, some services we provide to customers allow for automatic reordering of products or renewal of services and memberships. Where such services are provided, customers are presented with the terms and conditions as a prerequisite to enrollment, and have the capability to control which card information is kept on file and to unsubscribe at any time. Any third-party services we allow or accept for payment at our website will also have additional terms and conditions of processing available as part of their respective service agreements.
We may use third parties, such as independent companies or independent AMSOIL Dealers, to provide services to our customers and visitors to our websites. To this end, we may need to share your information, with your consent or as necessary to fulfill an order or furnish a service you have requested or authorized. Examples may include:
- Third-Party Service Providers
We occasionally use other companies to perform functions and offer services on behalf of AMSOIL and our subsidiary businesses. Examples include oil analysis; Dealer promotional and advertising services such as the Dealer Print Center® and Lowen TM Custom Vehicle Wraps portal; various vendors for order fulfillment purposes and businesses that are involved in computer services for AMSOIL INC. and our subsidiary businesses. Vendors such as these have access to personal information only as needed to perform their functions and are prohibited from using it for other purposes. Additional terms and conditions may apply and are made available as part of each respective third-party service agreement.
- Sweepstakes and Contests Managed by Third-Party Providers
AMSOIL may occasionally use a third-party provider to manage a promotional contest, sweepstakes or giveaway campaign. The third parties involved in these situations will have access to your personal information only as long as the contest is active and only AMSOIL will use the information for prize notification and marketing purposes. Individual contest rules will always be available at the time of entry for more details and opt-out opportunities.
- Social, Search and Display Networks
Ordering online with AMSOIL or engaging in other activities with our digital properties can result in small amounts of personally identifiable information (email, phone number or name) being encrypted and shared anonymously with social and search networks such as Facebook™, Google and Twitter™. You may opt out of any information sharing of this nature by contacting email@example.com and requesting that your information be changed or removed from our records.
In all cases where we share your information with other parties, we explicitly require that party to acknowledge and adhere to our privacy and customer data handling policies. AMSOIL may access, transfer, disclose and/or preserve personal data when doing so is required in order to (1) comply with applicable law or respond to legal inquiries from governmental bodies; (2) protect AMSOIL’s customers from harassment or fraud; (3) block or halt attempts at the intrusion of our computer systems or networks; or, (4) protect the property or safety of AMSOIL, its users, or others.
We retain personal information that you provide us as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about AMSOIL products and services, after which time we securely delete the information. You may opt out of individual subscriptions from us by using the Unsubscribe link in every email we send, and additional information control options are available by contacting our customer service department.
To facilitate our global operations, we may transfer and access personal information provided from customers outside the United States. Requests received from international customers will be processed by the AMSOIL International division and may be fulfilled by the AMSOIL International distributor network. Any transfer of personal information as it pertains to their services will fall under third-party privacy policies, which are created and maintained in accordance with the local laws or regulations of their respective territories.
A variety of sophisticated security measures are in place at AMSOIL to protect our website visitors, anyone who does business with AMSOIL or any of our affiliated businesses and partners.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- Credit card numbers and card security codes are required to be re-entered when confirming and processing payment for each online order. AMSOIL retains this information only long enough to transmit the credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We require several examples of personal information as a safeguard to assist with password resetting, account maintenance and the opening of new accounts.
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain AMSOIL.com features.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the “Which Information Can I Access?” section.
- If you do not want us to use personal information we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please adjust your Advertising Preferences. This can usually be done via settings in your browser.
If you provide us with your personal information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To access and review the personal information that you have supplied to us;
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information or omissions in personal information that you have supplied to us;
- To request that your personal information not be used to contact you;
- To object to our processing of your personal information; and
- To request that we delete your data, provided that (a) we no longer require your data; (b) there is no legitimate legal basis for us to process your data; (c) we have unlawfully processed your data; or, (d) the data must be erased in order to comply with the law. In the event you have grounds to request that we delete your data, and would like us to do so, please contact the Data Protection Officer at the address provided below. Please be aware that full erasure may not be possible if your data is needed to comply with statutory requirements
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information: Please contact the AMSOIL Data Protection Officer to make any requests related to your personal data. The Data Protection Officer can be reached at AMSOIL INC., ATTN: Data Privacy, 925 Tower Avenue, Superior, Wisconsin 54880 USA, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a registered account on AMSOIL.com, you are free to amend any information contained in your account profile at any time by logging into your account and amending your account settings.
AMSOIL’s products and services are not intended for children. Individuals under the age of thirteen (13) are prohibited from using AMSOIL.com. Users must be old enough to consent to the processing of their personal data in their country of residence, or secure the consent of their parent or guardian, where permitted.
Regardless of your country of residence, the Data Controller responsible for your personal data is AMSOIL INC., which can be contacted at:
|Via mail:||AMSOIL INC.
Attn: Data Privacy
925 Tower Avenue
Superior, Wisconsin 54880